Friday, July 20, 2012

XXI- The Dark Night Rises Shooting


Saddened by yet another mass shooting. It's not hard to imagine yourself in the situation going about your normal day and next thing you know you are in immediate danger, unprepared. The sentiment I share the most is from Adam Carolla: that I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. You have x number of people willing to do it and the availability of everything needed to execute it. The only thing stopping it is the determination of that person.
How much planning involved varies on the individual. You can have someone spur of the moment walk into a coffee shop (such as in Seattle, a few weeks back), the AZ shooting in front of a Safeway, to this most recent event, or Virginia Tech, or in Norway. (I think the most frightening to me still is the D.C. sniper attacks). After its happened so many times, however infrequent, I can't say I'm surprised or taken aback anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment